THE 2021 GUTSY GROUP
INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE RESEARCH GRANTS
The Gutsy Group is a not-for-profit foundation dedicated to raising money for research into Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease (Inflammatory Bowel Disease). The Gutsy Group is currently offering funding for clinical or basic science Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) research projects that are aimed at improving the diagnosis, treatment or prevention of these diseases.
Terms of Submission:
- Research grants are available for innovative IBD research proposals from investigators from non-profit institutions in Australia. Principal investigators can be research fellows or faculty at the requesting institution.
- Funding may be requested for up to three years, with each year’s support being dependent on adequate progress in the previous year of funding, as determined by 12-monthly updates to The Gutsy Group Inc’s Committee of Management. A maximum amount of $50,000 per year is available for applicants.
- When presenting or publishing results of the project The Gutsy Group, Inc will be acknowledged as a funding source.
- The closing date for the initial letter of interest is close of business Friday July 30 2021.
There is a two-stage process for applications to The Gutsy Group Inc, for research funding.
- Submit a one page Letter of Interest briefly outlining the research proposal. This should include the project title, hypothesis, methodology, anticipated outcomes, and relevance to the field of IBD. The Gutsy Group, Inc Scientific Advisory Group will rapidly review the Letter of Interest and successful applicants will be invited to submit a full research proposal.
- A full research proposal should be submitted upon invitation as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document not exceeding 10 pages (not including additional material such as references and curriculum vitae).
Full applications should contain the following:
- Full name, address, contact details and tertiary institution of the applicant;
- One (1) page summary of the research project;
- Detailed plan of methodology and materials, including a description of the clinical or laboratory environment for the project;
- Anticipated results;
- Relevance and importance to the field of IBD;
- Budget plan;
- Reference list
- One (1) page curriculum vitae of the applicants.
Supportive information such as references and the curriculum vitae of all investigators should also be submitted, but are not included in the 10 page limit.
All proposals will be reviewed by The Gutsy Group Scientific Committee who will make recommendations to The Gutsy Group’s committee of management which will make the final decision.
Proposals will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- Scientific strength;
- Methodology and feasibility;
- Adequacy of the clinical and laboratory facilities and environment;
- Experience and expertise of investigators;
- Overall relevance and potential importance to the field of IBD.
30 July 2021
Final date for submission of Letter of Interest.
17 September 2021
All applicants notified of the outcome of the initial submission.
22 October 2021
Final date for submission of the full grant applications.
26 November 2021
Applicants notified of the outcome of the application review process.
For further information regarding The Gutsy Group Inc, please visit www.thegutsygroup.com.au
For further information regarding Gutsy Group IBD Research Grants please contact Dr. Emily Wright (Emily.Wright@svha.org.au).