We at The Gutsy Group Inc. (“we”, “us” or “the Gutsy Group”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Collection of Personal Information
In order to raise awareness, fundraise and engage with the public, we need to collect personal information. We may collect personal information from our Supporters and Users in a number of ways, including (without limitation), when Supporters or Users visit and register their details on our Website, make a donation, subscribe to publications, newsletters or alerts, respond to a survey or fill out a form, attend a Gutsy Group event or in connection with other activities or resources we make available on our Website.
In most of these cases, we will collect personal information directly from you. Often, to enable our operations, we will need a certain amount of information; for instance, we cannot give you a tax receipt without your name or email address. Some of the information is collected automatically (for example, when you ‘like’ a post on any of our social media platforms), or from another source (like certain confidential payment details that pass through third-party service providers).
Types of Personal Information Collected
Whether you are a donor, Supporter, User or volunteer, we regularly ask for information that helps us keep engaged and build our relationship with you. Examples of the kind of personal information we commonly collect include:
- your name, address and email address;
- personal details, including your date of birth;
- payment information (for example when you make a donation or request for information from us);
- your occupation;
- health information; and
- how you have supported or interacted with the Gusty Group in the past.
Where we collect sensitive information, health information or more detailed personal information, we will only collect, hold, use and disclose such information with your consent, or where required by law.
Use of personal information and disclosure
We will typically use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to email Gutsy Group related information, updates, our newsletter, events and opportunities that we think you may be interested in;
- respond to any questions, comments, queries or concerns that you may have;
- request feedback to continue to improve our operations and processes;
- analyse donor activity;
- for research purposes and to collect statistics or to provide information to governments, researchers and other bodies with your consent;
- to update your history, verify your identity and to comply with relevant laws;
- to enable you to assist us with volunteering, community fundraising and other activities where we seek the community’s assistance and involvement; and
- any other purpose disclosed to you or otherwise apparent to you at the time your personal information is collected.
The Gutsy Group will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except to the extent necessarily required by law or in the following circumstance:
- with your express consent;
- to related entities of the Gutsy Group;
- to reputable contractors and other third parties we appoint, including, website and data hosting providers, technology service providers, advertising and promotional agencies and other persons who perform services for us on a confidential basis;
- to volunteers who assist the Gutsy Group on a confidential basis; or
- to our professional advisers, accountants, insurers, lawyers and auditors on a confidential basis.
Opting out of direct marketing communications
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional information by post, email or telephone, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information. By electing not to opt-out, we will assume we have your implied consent to receive similar information and communications in the future. We will always ensure that our opt-out notices are clear, conspicuous and easy to take up.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, please contact us at the Gutsy Group via email at email@example.com or by written correspondence to our registered business address on the Website.
Storage of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect all of the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information will be stored on a password protected electronic database, which may be on our database, a database maintained by a cloud hosting service provider or other third party database storage or server provider. Backups of electronic information are written to hard drives which are password protected and stored offsite.
Our Website may use “cookies” to enhance the Supporter or User experience. Cookies are small data files sent by a website and stored in your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website.
As you browse our Website, cookies may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. A cookie does not identify individuals personally, but it does identify computers. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Our display advertising partners Google and AdRoll then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with our Website. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
Access to and updating your personal information
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information.
Subject to certain limitations contained in the Australian Privacy Principles, you have the right to access a copy of any personal information we hold about you, or to request your personal information to be updated, corrected, or, if permitted by law, deleted. Provision of access may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with access to the requested information.
You may also ask us to update, correct or delete the personal information we hold about you at any time. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making any corrections to or deletion of your information. We also have obligations to take reasonable steps to correct personal information we hold when we are satisfied that it is inaccurate, out- of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading for the purpose for which it is held.
If you require access to, or wish to update our personal information, please contact the Gutsy Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by written correspondence to our registered business address on the Website.
Unhappy or need to know more?
We take complaints seriously and we will assess them with the aim of reaching a timely and efficient resolution. We will endeavour to respond to complaints and queries within 30 days of receipt and otherwise in accordance with the Act. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see www.oaic.gov.au).